[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Jan 19 22:16:02 EST 2013

On 01/19/2013 09:01 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I don't like it either, but to be fair, developers don't *have* to sell
> through the Apple stores. That's probably what keeps their system legit.

I'm not a lawyer, but... (My father was, hehe)

For all practical purposes, the market is closed and developers really
do, as a practical observation, have to distribute through Apple in
order to reach the platform. I suspect Apple's lawyers are more likely
to press the "they can make it function in a browser (despite the user
experience issues implied) therefore this is merely a permissible
inconvenience" argument.

I'd say this is my two cents, but being speculation rather than opinion
it's worth even less than that :D

Warren