error 75 on Linux server?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 10 16:56:22 EST 2013

I have a CGI on my Debian server at Dreamhost which reads file using
"put url ("binfile...", and it's been working well until a recent change
to their server, and now it doesn't read the file, with "can't read
file" in the result and sysError return 75.

Oddly, it seems that replacing the "put url" call with open/read/close
allows it to work.

I don't necessarily mind replacing those calls, but what is error 75 and
what could cause "put url ("binfile:<path>") to fail while
open/read/close succeeds?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World