Portable apps

As_Simon simon at asato-media.com
Thu Jan 10 22:43:48 EST 2013

Hi Jacqueline,
I've been running LC apps off flash drives for Win and Mac for about 6 years
now and never had problems with it.  They even connect to the interweb.
Don't recall ever having to do something special to make them "portable".
Remember that your drive letter will change often so watch your path.
No AutoPlay, autorun.ini doesn't launch anymore for Win, but use it for
setting the icons.

Oh and the whole CD partition thing is a pain so when they ask for that tell
them no. (There is a MSKB article on it which I can find for you if you
like). They will ask for it when they ask you if the user can erase the
drive.

Simon