Resizing a group to clip an object symetrically

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Dec 12 18:53:22 EST 2013

Hi Terry:

This works if the group is locked and requires grabbing the loc of the
oval.

command cropGraphic pPercent
   put height of grc "oval" div 2 into H
   put loc of grc "oval" into theLoc
   put item 2 of theLoc into Y
   put rect of grp 1 into theRect
   put Y - (pPercent/100)*H into item 2 of theRect
   put Y + (pPercent/100)*H into item 4 of theRect
   set rect of grp 1 to theRect
   set loc of grc 1 to theLoc
end cropGraphic

Regards,