"Badge" in answer modal?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:55:18 EST 2012

On 11/21/2012 05:56 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> The badging is implemented specifically to help Mac developers comply with the OS X Human Interface Guidelines.
> See: <http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/Intro/Intro.html>
>
> There's no precedent for this badging on Windows or Linux, and while you may personally find this a desirable feature accross all platforms, the RunRev team wants to help us create a native user experience and tries to stop us from creating user interfaces which look and feel alien to native users.
>
> That said, if you feel adventurous, you can edit the script of card 1 of stack "Answer dialog" and remove the platform check for the code pertaining to gRevSmallAppIcon ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jan Schenkel.

I really do want my software to look pretty much the same
cross-platform, regardless of
anybody's interface guidelines.

I do like the Mac badging thing because it means that when a window pops
up saying "disabled in DEMO"
the application's icon is "in yer face" of the user, and hints that,
maybe, it is time to shell out
the moolah.