Datagrid UNICODE for table headers?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:00:11 EST 2012

Hi Malte,

In DGH, be assured we have nothing really hard coded. :-)

For Unicode labels, DGH installs a handler in the default header
behavior of the datagrid and disables the pEncoding parameter of the
dgLabel property.
For column contents, DGH manages some special properties for allowing
developers to change column encoding by code.

Here is the DGH lesson for changing the header behavior of a datagrid
by using DGH:
http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4068/l/56190

Without DGH, a solution could consist to change the default header
behavior of your datagrid by using:
set the dgProp["default header behavior"] of grp "myDatagrid" to the
long id of btn "MyCustomHeaderBehavior"

Copy the default script for header behavior directly from the datagrid
library by using:
set script of btn "MyCustomHeaderBehavior" to script of btn "Default
Header" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

In the button script you have to change the code of the dgLabel
property for doing what you need with unicode.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyone could help me out wether it is possible to set the Headers of a datagrid to Unicode Text (or even better UTF8?) Someone suggested to use the datagridhelper, however, I need this to be dynamic and settable by script. :-)
>
> Any pointer much appreciated!
>
> Malte

Best Regards,
--