Information "test"

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Wed Nov 7 22:13:47 EST 2012

Thanks Jacque, Richard and Mark for your responses. Here is the code I'm using:

on controlKeyDown whichKey ---- from Jacqueline Landman Gay
   if ("editor field" is not in the name of the target and "script" is not in the name of the target) \
         or the shiftkey is not down
   then pass controlKeyDown
   switch whichKey
     case quote
     case "'"
       put quote & the selection & quote into the selection
       break
     case "v" -- paste only plain text
       put the clipboardData["text"] into the selection
       break
     case "9"
     case "0"
     case "("
     case ")"
       put "(" & the selection & ")" into the selection
       break
     case "["
     case "]"
     case "{"
     case "}"
       get the selection
       put "[" & it & "]" into the selection
       if it = "" then
         put the selectedchunk into tSel
         put word 4 of tSel into word 2 of tSel
         put (word 4 of tSel) - 1 into word 4 of tSel
         select tSel
       end if
       break
     case " " -- scriptPaint
       put the mousetext into the selection
       break
     default
       pass controlKeyDown
   end switch
  setEditorDirty
end controlKeyDown

private command setEditorDirty
   type space
   delete char (word 4 of the selectedchunk) of the target
end setEditorDirty

Note that I'm using ControlKey instead of commandKey but otherwise unchanged from what Jacque had posted. And yes, the only things that appear are the 'i" icon and the word "test". I'll work on getting a copy of BBEdit and do as you suggest, Jacque.

Thanks again,
Roger