htmlText oddity

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Nov 5 16:39:34 EST 2012

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the confusion. There are a few forms that you can't use, but apparently there are also several ways that you can't use. I was wrong saying that you can _only_ use long id's. The forms that I can't get to work are:

button "Text"
button 2 of cd 1
button "Some Button" of cd id 1002

but it seems that as long as you include a reference to the stack, it will work fine. If you set a reference by script and it doesn't work, you get an execution error, but if you try this in the property inspector, you don't see any warning at all and might be left thinking that the property inspector doesn't work correctly or that you selected the wrong control before setting the property, while in reality you had the reference wrong.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Use Color Converter to convert CMYK, RGB, RAL, XYZ, H.Lab and other colour spaces. http://www.color-converter.com

We have time for new software development projects. Contact me for a quote.