Protecting stacks

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri Nov 2 19:49:11 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm needing to protect both the scripts and the text in fields for a project that is essentially a book--many pages with text. The author of the book is, well very concerned about piracy.

I see that in the Standalone Application Settings I can protect scripts of stack files in the application. However, I have stack files that are NOT in the application--the app just serves to launch files. How do I protect the scripts in those files?

And generally, how would I stop someone from opening stack files in their version of the IDE and having their way with my text? Or, just opening the files with a text editor?

I can image when the files launch in the LiveCode IDE, a password is asked, and a global is set to allow authoring. But what about when it's opened as a raw text file?

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA