developing for mobile devices

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Fri Nov 2 10:12:08 EDT 2012

Am 02.11.2012 15:01, schrieb Colin Holgate:
> The Help menu has entries for iOS Release Notes and Android Release Notes. Those two have a list of the mobile features you can use, along with example syntax. You can then look in the Dictionary for entries such as mobileCreateControl, where you see a list of the controls that can be made:

Hi,

what is even more confusing is that there are native iOS controls, PLUS
the native LC "motif" controls (which I have never seen on iOS before,
although they must have been there all the time since iOS is based on
Unix).

Thanks for the list, but this isn't extensive, right?

Sorry, but I got lots of questions related to these as well. For
instance, I wanted to create a multi-line label field for my app (some
explaination texts).

I got at least three different options (which, btw, do all work on iOS,
in the sense that they produce a readable text):

- a standard LC label taken from the tool palette

- a MobGUI Label field (which doesn't seem to offer support for
multiline text? Also, I want a translucent background...)

- a MobGUI multiline Field (which however, does not get destroyed when I
"switch" between cards. There is this option for "auto destroying" the
field, but it does not seem to do any difference to me? I am really
missing more elaborate documentation on the MobGUI elements - this is
the only page i got so far http://mobgui.com/docs.php and it is not very
detailled... but at least it provides the properties one can set by
scripting.

> About the book, yes, it is meant for people who already know LiveCode and want to know more about mobile development. I did add in the unrequested first chapter, to try to get other people an insight to how LiveCode works, but I had to leave it at that, and hope that people would follow the links to lessons.livecode.com that I put in there.

Hu? Why would want someone to cut content from an electronic publication? I mean, it doesn't cost them anything to add more pages to it?

--
Christophe Leske
multimedial.de

PROFILE: www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
www.multimedial.de - info at multimedial.de
Hohler Str. 17 - 51645 Gummersbach
+49(0)2261-99824540 // +49(0)177-2497031