developing for mobile devices

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Nov 2 10:01:20 EDT 2012

The Help menu has entries for iOS Release Notes and Android Release Notes. Those two have a list of the mobile features you can use, along with example syntax. You can then look in the Dictionary for entries such as mobileCreateControl, where you see a list of the controls that can be made:

controlType - The type of control to create from among the following.
browser - Native iOS or Android web browser control
scroller - Native iOS or Android scroller control
player - Native iOS or Android player control
input - Native iOS  or Android text input control
multiline - Native iOS or Android multi-line text control
That doesn't cover all the native things you can invoke, like for example the pickers are native, yet you don't have to do the creating of the control yourself. But those other things are also written about in the release notes and the dictionary.

About the book, yes, it is meant for people who already know LiveCode and want to know more about mobile development. I did add in the unrequested first chapter, to try to get other people an insight to how LiveCode works, but I had to leave it at that, and hope that people would follow the links to lessons.livecode.com that I put in there.