Send a message when the mouse hilites text on an option menu, possible ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 09:41:01 EDT 2012

Hi Rolf,

There is no engine message that you can trap when you're using the standard option menu.
If you use a menu stack instead, then you can trap mouseEnter and mouseLeave messages as they are sent to the menu item buttons, and show extra information (either within the menu stacvk or by means of a separate palette or modeless stack).

The downside of this approach is that:
- you would have to script the menu stack to take into account variable choice lists

- your menu won't look like a standard menu unless you spend quite some time to make it look 'right'

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====