Upgrade to Lion

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon May 28 16:52:54 EDT 2012

Hi Stephen,
I concur that Apple are treating their user base as dumbasses these days.
 It's probably fair to say that there are a substantial number of them that
fit that moniker!  The problem is that Apple doesn't always provide a way
to tell them "I'm not a dumbass and I would like to not be treated as such".

During the process of installing Lion, I too found a disk problem.  In my
case, it wasn't a failure per se but when I tried to create a second
partition to hold Lion, DiskUtitliy flagged an error.  Don't recall exactly
what it was but I had to boot from my Snow Leopard disk and run DiskUtitlty
from there to fix it.

The weird thing was that even after fixing it, I still couldn't create the
second partition.  There was plenty of room on the disk for the new
partition but when I kicked off the process of creating it, I got an error
that there wasn't enough disk space to re-partition the drive.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>