Rotating a 3D object / movie

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Mon May 28 12:02:31 EDT 2012

Hi Sergio,
I have a little desktop stack I've been playing with. I want to show a movie as the background of several cards, and have control over looping and playback.
I tried an animated GIF, but the downsampling to 8-bit left me with some ugly, posterized images.
I came up with this: the stack has a hidden card with a series of 640 x 480 px JPEGs on it. I run a loop and assign them in sequence as the icon of a button in the background of my main card, waiting about 40 milliseconds (with messages) within the loop. At least on the desktop this shows a smooth sequence of 24-bit images at about 25 frames per second. Haven't tried it on iOS yet. Of course my 2 sequences are only a couple of seconds long... much shorter than yours, but maybe a similar approach would work?
- Charles