field focused but why ?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Mar 31 21:21:01 EDT 2012

This is in a test app, so I did not look closely--when the keyboard stopped popping up I went on to other things.  I removed the 'focus on nothing' and I still did not get the keyboard.  So that was not my last attempt.   I removed all keyboard commands.  Still works.  I looked carefully and no buttons have the focus.  I fiddled with some field properties.  So, I have no idea what I did.

In another app I did change some field properties (probably traversalOn) on mouseDown, but I'm not doing that here.

So...  I'm embarrassed to have thrown out an inadequate solution, I might be near a solution but can't find it, and I would welcome a general solution or bug-fix, too.

Ah.  I tried Bernd's solution and then unchecked "show focus border".  That seemed to work.  I don't think that is what is working in my test stack, but if one has a button on the first card, this looks like a solution.

Dar

dsc at swcp.com