Android play sounds

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:07:58 EDT 2012

This is very late in the startup sequence.  The point of the app is a timer for BBQing so we are talking a minute or two before the first alarm depending on what is cooking.  ;-)

I am thinking that it is a timing related bug in the engine.   I ended up testing for "no sound support" and issuing a second play command.   I gathered statistics and it is only ever failing on the first play attempt.   I am wondering if it is related to the sound being included in the apk package and in the engine folder rather than being in the documents folder.  (from the image performance discussion)

-= Mike