LiveCode Player for 5.5

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:55:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have read the messages in this thread and please, correct me
if I understand wrong:

1) Too many students and teachers are too "inexperienced" (not dumb)
to use the available computer educational tools in their institution.

2) Most of the digital educational applications aim to teach using only
the lower (or lowest) skills available to all participants.

Surely, I am interpreting all this information in the wrong way because
my conclusion is that education (as described here) is effectively dumbing
down
all the participants (teachers and students alike).

How many of you are aware that you could run Livecode (including all
externals and Quicktime) from a Portable device as a USB pendrive
or Secure Digital Card or even from media as a Rewritable CD or DVD?

No plugin or installation. Just click and run:

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Running-LiveCode-and-Quicktime-as-virtual-applications-td4411011.html#a4430008

In this computer lab:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2733273854751.2150939.1344437396&type=3
the IT manager used Metacard Free Starter Kit to create exams
that students run from a CD. He opened the exam (a stack), take out
the CD and repeat the procedure in each machine. In this way, the exams
only runs in RAM and the students could not copy or save to the
computer. It works fine for him for many years...

Al