ANN and OT: Calling All SETI Enthusiasts

Mick Collins mickclns at mac.com
Wed Mar 28 14:21:48 EDT 2012

 Well, Roger, since you hijacked your own thread ...

So 20th century!

Speculation may not be "scientific", but neither is "this is the world" (as opposed to "this is the world as scientists presently know it"). See the difference; it is apparently a point of great confusion on this thread (and others). Bob's "logistics" is, as Rick Santorum said day before yesterday, bullshlt. It assumes logistics based on current pre-speculation knowledge, but is inapplicable in the context of what may or may not happen in the future. "Hypothesis, Theory and Law" are fine, great even, but they also have very limited application in discussing what may be the case in the future.

That said, thank you for your stack and thank you, Richard for your post.

Be well all,
   -  Mick