How to upload iOS camera image to server?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Mon Mar 26 18:16:20 EDT 2012

Hi All...

I have a little project where I'd like the iOS app to load an image taken via the camera to a directory on my on-rev account. I'm making the name of each image unique so there is no danger of overwriting an existing image.

What is the best way to go about doing this? I've looked at the list and have seen some discussion regarding using liburlmultiformdata but that does not appear to be iOS compatible. I saw the ftp command is compatible with iOS, however then I'd have to supply a username and password in the open, and I believe there is a certain amount of risk doing it that way.

In addition, I'm going to be inserting a record in a mysql database with some text information via the iOS app, such as the name of the image, date, etc. Then just referencing the uploaded image from the directory where I store them when I report out the results using a query.

What would be the cleanest, least risky manner of uploading a iOS camera image to a directory in on-rev?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD