ANN and OT: Calling All SETI Enthusiasts

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Mon Mar 26 14:09:42 EDT 2012

Roger, Tom and all -

Sorry that everyone took my comments so seriously.  That's why I mentioned that they were "Sci-Fi" ideas.  I was simply playing devil's advocate as my advisor did to me on many more than one occasion and poking a bit of fun at SETI.

Personally, I believe that Earth is backwater and so far down the chain of technical evolution that the other species simply ignore us.  Either that, or the "Predator" team was correct and Earth's simply a hunting preserve.  But don't ask me to defend that position :-P.

Oh, and don't get me started on the missing pieces of Drake's.

Tim