[OT] A couple of links about Gnome and usability

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Mar 25 11:04:31 EDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 06:53 PM, Pete wrote:
>   So now I'm left with the question of which Linux
> distro to go for....
> Pete

More ideas that might interest you :)

Since you are mainly working in OS X and I assume you are happy and
comfortable working in that interface, you may be interested in a linux
distro that is set up out of the box to look and act much like OS X. You
can do this in any distro but this would be a simpler route, and for
someone who might not want to spend a lot of time and effort fiddling
with a system he's not planning to use every day, a very sensible choice.

http://www.unixmen.com/pear-linux-comice-os-4-0-has-been-released-screenshots-tour-video/

http://www.pear-os-linux.fr/

"Do-it-yourself" ideas:

http://beta.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/how-to-make-linux-mint-look-like-os-x-1040983

http://lifehacker.com/5665765/macbuntu-makes-your-linux-desktop-look-like-mac-os-x

http://www.internetling.com/2008/03/24/linux-docks-5-mac-os-x-docks-for-ubuntu-and-other-linux-distros/

http://www.howtogeek.com/45817/how-to-make-ubuntu-linux-look-like-mac-os-x/

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-docks.html

http://linuxlibrary.org/applications/linux-desktop-docks-panels/

youtube also has lots of videos of people demonstrating their "Mac-like"
Linux desktops. You might enjoy a peek at a few of those.

Good luck!

Warren