Compiling with XCode 10.4.2, LC 5.0.2 on OSX 10.6.8

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Mar 25 01:03:13 EDT 2012

Hi, Mark!

I recently moved to ExternalsEnvironmentV3 after have gone in my own direction before ExternalsEnvironmentV1 came out.  My situation was not the same as yours, I was using XCode 3.2.6 and building a universal.  However, my solutions might give you a hint:

In the project settings on the build tab way down at the bottom are some user settings.  For my case, I needed to up the compiler to 4.0, the target to 10.4 and the SDKROOT to /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk for both Intel and ppc.  With a later version of XCode you might need to up the libraries and the compiler version beyond that.

I also added a line-end to the end of the export file.

You might need to tweak the baseSDK, too.

I still get a warning about -mlong-branch which I ignore.

I did not use the test stack, so I don't know if there are any problems there.

Perhaps some updated templates are needed and maybe some other tweaking.

Is XCode 10.4.2 the same as XCode 4.2?

Dar

On Mar 24, 2012, at 7:36 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi (again),
>
> I asked this some time ago and haven't solved this problem yet. Does that mean that absolutely no one on this list has any clue whatsoever?
>
> I'm trying to build an external for Mac OS X (not iOS) using ExternalsEnvironmentV3, XCode 10.4.2 and LiveCode 5.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I'm getting many error messages complaining about SDK's that are too new and compilers that are too new and when I think that everything should work I get the error "Building for Intel is not supported in 10.3.9 SDK" (obviously). Could someone tell me what I need to change in the build settings of the project and the targets to get my external to compile?
>
> I've posted this on the forum as well: http://qery.us/1vf
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.7 for LiveCode here http://qery.us/za

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and