[OT] A couple of links about Gnome and usability

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Mar 24 22:44:12 EDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Pete wrote:

> I already have a Windows laptop that I only use for testing out the LC apps
> I develop on my Mac.  I don't really want another computer.  It seems like
> Apple has just about shut the door on running anything but OS X on their
> computers.  Can I install Linux on my Windows computer a dual boot it
> somehow?
>
> Pete

The easiest way for a beginner is a WUBI installation.  You don't need an
emulator or virtual box or parallels, etc.  Just a PC that is already
running Windows.  When you install Ubuntu via WUBI, it is just a series of
folders on the hard-drive (no dedicated partition necessary).  This method
sets it up to dual-boot, so you just choose which OS to run when you turn
the computer on.  To remove it, you just uninstall it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYw6dOXw3pc

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

~Roger