Specify file download path with irev/revignitor

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sat Mar 24 03:29:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

Have wasted enough hours -- time to ask the pros on the list!

We are passing out free, promotional MP3 players to our customers.

Weekly, they will be allowed to download from our web site
(hosted at on-rev.com) new free mp3 files not available to the
general public. Want customers/users of our web page to be able
to click one button to download a set of files to specific folder
-- the mp3 player, for which we know the volume name (set up
before sending out the players).

Want to check for the volume's existence (player is/is not
mounted on computer) and then download the list of mp3s to it,
failing with an error message if the player is full.

I can get the files to download, but only to the download folder
specified by the browser.

1) How can I set the path for the download using 'raw' irev/lc
scripting, or revigniter?
2) How can I first check for existence of volume?
3) (Bonus points!) How can I erase files off the volume/players?
(Of course only erasing files gotten from us -- known filenames
-- and with their permission.)

Any help appreciated.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan