Tools for creating a help file

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Mar 23 16:39:38 EDT 2012

Hi Pete,

I use a "squeaky wheel" approach to user docs. Instead of creating volumes of
info that only I will read, I use ScreenSteps to create very visual "how to" web
pages on issues where users ask questions. The apps I build for my clients all
use the same "Help Topics" plugin that appears in the app's Help menu. When
users open it, they see a list of the How-To pages available for that app which
are stored on the client's web server. If they click an item in the list, their
web browser opens with the info displayed.

There's nothing like having the Help info right there when & where you need it!

Best -
Phil Davis