Using Quicktime to record sounds in Livecode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:49:23 EDT 2012

Come to think of things......

I will re-ask a question I posed about 3 or 4 years ago!

Why has Livecode not, yet, developed an in-built sound recording
facility that is truly cross-platform and
does not depend on o0ther software being present on the end-user's machine?

And, the answer is (I'm a great one for answering my own questions):

Sound recording in Livecode is so low down the RunRev people's list
of priorities it has dropped off the bottom; hence the Quicktime "thing"
which has been there since
very nearly the beginning.

So............. the probable answer to my question at the top is one of
those that RunRev seem to be
rather good at; an incredibly loud silence.