Pete pete at
Wed Mar 21 16:04:47 EDT 2012

Thanks all for the input.  Sounds like Stephen's approach is the only way
to get rid of it.  Seems like that setting will apply to other sounds as
well, but I'm OK with that.

As far as using AppleScript, I'm using revCopyFile because the dictionary
claims there are "certain advantages" to using it over "put URL" or any
other method, amongst which is that it does not require reading the file
into memory, and since some of these files could be pretty large, that's
significant.  On a Mac, it also displays a progress bar which I don;t think
would be possible if I used "put URL".


On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at> wrote:

> I went straight to the shell command, so I don't know for sure, but this
> sounds reasonable. There's also the overhead of spinning up AppleScript in
> the first place. If Apple is doing that badly, that might also cause
> problems I suppose.
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM, stephen barncard <
> stephenREVOLUTION2 at> wrote:
> > That was probably a big reason why multiple file transfers would take
> more
> > time - loading and unloading the sound - and perhaps the reason why it
> > failed after memory was exceeded.
> >
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:

Molly's Revenge <>

More information about the Use-livecode mailing list