Text formatting for a slider

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Mar 19 14:42:46 EDT 2012

Yeah, but that displays all possible properties of any object.  The
"properties" property of an object gets you an array of properties for a
specific object.  Still a long list mind you, and not a complete list
either according to the dictionary.

I think you're probably right that it would make the inspector windows very
unwieldy to include all properties.  The problem is that by leaving some of
them out, arbitrarily, it gives the impression that they aren't available,
especially to new users.  I remember when I first started using LC and
wanted to set the behavior of an option menu button - there's no inspector
window behavior field so I just assumed it wasn't possible for some reason
and went down a different, much more complicated path.

Seems like it would have been trivial to include one more option in the
inspector option menu for "All Properties" or something similar.  I ended
up writing my own plugin to show all the properties of a selected object
and allow me to change any of them.

Pete

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 03/19/2012 06:05 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>> I have a slider in which the showValue is set to true.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the card background is gray and the black slider value is
>> very difficult to read.
>>
>> The inspector for the slider does not display an option for the
>> foreground color. Why not?
>>
>> Using 4W Properties (thank you RIchard) the foreground color is listed as
>> an option (and can be changed there, or from the msg box.)
>>
>> Why this omission in the Inspector? (LC version 4 AND 5.)
>>

> Almost all object have a vast number of options that one can fiddle around
> with; the Props Inspector only
> displays a subset of them; why? I don't know, but I can hazard a guess:
>
> a Props Inspector that displayed ALL the props of each object might be so
> unwieldy as to be virtually unusable.
>
> "Just for fun" . . .
>
> Set up a new stack with a scrollingListField field called "PROPPS"
>
> and try this in the MessageBox:
>
> put the propertyNames into fld "PROPPS"
>
> and "blow your mind" . . .   :)
>

>> Jim