queryregistry problem win

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Mar 19 13:18:59 EDT 2012

Yes, some apps install registry keys with authentication that only the system can access. Bummer huh? Same thing with Posix permissions though. At least as an administrator you can change the permissions of the registry (or folder/file). It may be possible that you can authenticate as the Administrator account and have access that way. Not sure what you are doing but if you are shelling in try using the Administrator account, and ask the user for the credentials beforehand.

Bob