how to read/write data on Android?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 19 00:15:46 EDT 2012

On 3/18/12 10:47 PM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> P.S. Since my app's files don't seem to get listed in the Android file
> explorer, can I assume that'd only work with unrooted Android devices?

I don't have a rooted device either so I can't look in the /data/
directory. Someone else may know what LiveCode puts in there. I'd like
to know more about how it works.

In any case, the files are always written to the same place, but an
unrooted device does not have permissions to open the /data/ folder, and
a file utility won't be able to see in there either. If you had root,
you could probably find the files.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com