OT - BING HAS TAKEN OVER MY SEARCH ENGINE

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Mar 14 13:25:45 EDT 2012

On 03/14/2012 11:42 AM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> continued frustration. Result was "website cannot be found". (sigh!)
> Thanks anyway! Just not my day. My vision is poorer than usual today.
> Joe Wilkins

That seems odd. You can edit the prefs files directly in a text editor.
It's not difficult or scary. You need to know where your profile is and
which one if there are more than one. This may help:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
http://gemal.dk/mozilla/profile.html

MAKE SURE FIREFOX IS NOT OPEN WHILE YOU DO EDIT THE FILE!!!

Once you've found your profile directory, open the file called prefs.js
in your favorite text editor. Search for
"browser.search.defaultenginename". You want that line to look this way:

user_pref("browser.search.defaultenginename", "Google");

You may also have a file called user.js  Check that to make sure it
doesn't have anything that conflicts with this.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/User.js_file

Good luck :)

Warren