post command on Android not working (?)

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:28:35 EST 2012

> You're right, this doesn't work. It is a bug.

Mark,

That got me thinking that there might be a bug report on this already.

And there is! Report# 9964.

That report offers this workaround:

I can confirm there is a bug in Android "post to URL".  The post data is
transmitted to the server, but the Content-Type header is not being set.  By
default, the Content-Type header should be set to
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" but this is not being done.

As a workaround, you can set this header manually using the httpHeaders
property:

set the httpHeaders to "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

You should set the httpHeaders to empty once the post command has completed to
avoid it affecting any subsequent url access.

That bug report also states this bug has been fixed for 5.5.0-dp-1.
But, apparently it hasn't. At least, not on 5.5.0-dp-2.

So, I tried that "set the httpHeaders" workaround. Also not working.

Here's something else very odd that's happened after further experimentation.

If on my stack I >>first<< click a button with this script:

  get url get url ("http://www.google.com")
  put it into field "text"

and then after that click the button with the "post (plus workaround)" script:

 set the httpHeaders to "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
 put URLEncode(tQueryFormat) into tQueryFormat
 put URLEncode("http://helloWorld.cgi") into tURL
 post tQueryFormat to URL tURL
 put it into field "text"

that second "it" contains the google.com page's data.

And I tried that "get url" with a different url, and the same odd
result happened.

So, whereas in my first post, "it" was returning empty, now "it"
contains pre-fetched data.

Guess that bug report ought not to be resolved as "Fixed"?

--
Nicolas Cueto