AW: How to close a modal stack by keyboard?

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Mar 6 13:11:00 EST 2012

How did I miss that! Is that somehow different than just quitting the IDE
without saving then opening it again?

The IDE Undo is a mystery to me.  Most of the time when I really need to
undo, it doesn't work, particularly when moving/deleting controls on a
card.  I've learned to save after almost any single change to a card layout
before making another change.

Pete

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> File menu, Revert to Saved... I work the same way as Jacque, other than I
> sometimes just close the script window and say Yes to the question about if
> I want to keep the changes. The main advantage of the Apply button is that
> you can keep the script window open while you try out different things,
> without committing to the changes just yet.
>
> If Undo worked as well as it does in Flash, then doing a Save wouldn't be
> such a big deal, you could quickly get back to how it was before the change
> you were trying. If you're editing an internal script in Flash, you don't
> even have to Apply either, the changes are already applied as soon as
> you've typed them. It can get away with that because Flash isn't constantly
> running in the way that LiveCode is.
>

> On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Pete wrote:
>
> > Hi Jacque,
> > What do you mean by "revert the stack"?

Pete