iOS screen size problem

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 12:57:36 EST 2012

I have successfully created a simple app for the iPad which uses the whole screen (1024 x 768).

Now I've started working on a second app, where I can't see any real difference in my setting up compared to the first one, but the screenrect is reported to be 0,0,320,480, and there's no way I can fill the iPad screen - instead I get a simulated iPhone screen in the middle of my simulated iPad screen. I checked and the Simulator thinks it's simulating an iPad - so what did I do wrong?

I just can't see it.

TIA for any suggestions.

Graham