Windows 8

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Tue Mar 6 13:04:54 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed an app with an installer created by the Installer Maker Plugin and it seems to work fine. The app appears in the overview of colorized bricks, next to LiveCode.
>
> It looks like LiveCode apps won't work "almost like they do in Windows 7" but they will work just fine, as they do in Win XP up to and including 7. After all, Windows 8 is just like Windows 7 once you have found the door in the brick wall. The secret entrance is a brick called Desktop. The usual door in the bottom-left is gone. I hope we'll soon be able to get to the desktop on startup automatically.

In Win8 DP1, you could set the Desktop as your staring point.  Apparently, they discovered that the vast majority of developers were doing just that and ignoring the Metro screen so they removed the ability in CP1.

"We've ignored our customers and put far too much effort into this, so you will run Metro, and you WILL like it!"

Tim