en- & em-dash paste from Word (followup)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 4 01:16:35 EST 2012

On 3/3/12 9:56 PM, Sieg Lindstrom wrote:

> When I paste en and em dashes (charToNums 208 and 209) disappear.

This has come up before and I can never remember the exact answer, but I
think it has something to do with Word using high-ascii or unicode
characters. You might try saving the Word file as HTML and looking at
the character entities to see if they really are 208 and 209. Maybe
they're something else. If they are high ascii numbers then a unicode
translation might fix it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com