[iOS] Suspending and quitting

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 3 15:50:13 EST 2012

I have code in my iOS app that fakes a "suspend" so it can pick up where
the user left off when they come back to the app. Now I'm trying to
figure out when to use it.

Is it logical to assume that if the user presses the Home button, they
mean to quit? And if they push up the window to switch to another app,
they mean to suspend? And if that's true, how would I know when the Home
button is pressed? I don't think it's possible.

Also, if the app is "resuming" I don't want the splash screen to show,
the app should just appear in the state the user left it. Is there a way
to avoid the splash?

How do you handle the situation in general?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com