Livecode blows a Raspberry?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Fri Mar 2 03:51:47 EST 2012

On 29/02/2012 17:37, Bjoernke von Gierke wrote:
> You can't, unless you install android, as there's no ARM livecode linux.

I was thinking about this...technically there is, it's just called
'Android' LiveCode.

Android LiveCode and ARM Linux will have a common linux-based core. Of
course, I have no idea how tightly Android LiveCode is welded to
Goggle's extensions, so maybe it's almost as significant as a new
platform anyway...

But I'd *love* to be able to sell to a customer a "throw-away" computer.
  Buy the software for $40 and we'll throw in the computer to run it on!
  Open-source, and unlocked.

Once the RPi foundation proves that it can ramp up to meet demand, I'd
be rather worried if I were a computer manufacturer.

If the hardware isn't going to cost anything, where are they going to
make any money at all?

-Ken