Can An Object Know About Itself?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Mar 2 01:48:59 EST 2012

Is there any way for an object to know when it is unselected using only
scripts within the object itself?

The selectedObjectChanged is sent to an object when it is selected, but when
the object is deselected, the object will only get the selectedObjectChanged
message if the selection is changed to nothing.  Is there some way for the
object to know it is no longer selected without resorting to an external
script? (no front, back, card or stack).

I have a group of objects that needs to reorganize itself when it is
deselected, but I'd like to avoid using external scripts to do this so the
object is easily portable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Scott Rossi