Comment Lines interfere with continuation lines

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jun 27 23:46:31 EDT 2012

Hi Peter, and Bob,
I see what you're saying but if that's the case I would have expected to
get a compile error. "with p1, p2" is certainly not a valid instruction.

Although I just checked that out by inserting exactly that line in a the
middle of a script - no compile error.  I think it is interpreting it as a
call to a handler named "with". However, when the script ran, it failed
with a runtime error on that line.  Even tried it with a comment line
immediately before it and same runtime error.

I suppose there's only so much you can expect the compile phase to do but I
still think that should have resulted in a runtime error rather than just
ignoring that line

My least favorite LC compile problem is that it seems to be incapable of
distinguishing:

repeat for each line tLine in ...

from

repeat with x=1 to …..

If I mix the two:

repeat for x=1 to …..

… the compile doesn't catch it but I get a runtime error.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>