Comment Lines interfere with continuation lines

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jun 27 19:13:25 EDT 2012

I think the way to look at this is to replace the backslash and cr with empty (which is how the compiler sees it) and then see if it makes sense. What you get is:

dispatch function "xyz" to button "123" --Bug# 567
with p1,p3

Well, as you can see, it won't choke on the first line because putting a comment at the end of a line is perfectly legal, but it certainly will on the second!

Bob