Live WWDC keynote feed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 12 14:48:13 EDT 2012

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Does users, software developers and PC makers believe that Ultra High
> resolution displays are part of the future of computing???

I think the safest answer is also the most complete:  we can assume that
computing devices will continue to diversify, in both form and function.

With that in mind, whether the most popular pixel density goes up or
down* or remains the same, pixel-density-independence is the only way to
stay in the game for the long term.

* "Down"?  Why would device resolution go down? One possibility is
affordable wearables, where it may be some years before we get high-res
displays that can clip onto your sunglasses.  Even if high-res wearables
become available, we can expect lower-res variants to satisfy certain
demographics with the cost savings they'll provide.

It's all an ever changing game, with no market stability in sight until
we get direct cerebral cortex interfaces. :)

Until then we just gotta roll with the punches, able and willing to
handle any device form factors that come up....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World