ResTool Plugin

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Tue Jun 12 15:12:45 EDT 2012

Hi List,
I don't post here very often, but I wanted to share this little plugin tool I've made and have been using.
The timing seems right, what with all the discussion of screen resolutions and such.

ResTool is a small palette for resizing your stack to a number of standard screen dimensions.
You can switch from portrait to landscape orientations, subtract an arbitrary number of pixels to account for a status bar, and move the stack around on the screen. There are buttons to shift the stack up and down, left and right--useful, for example, if you are working on a laptop or smaller screen and developing a stack meant for HD1080 resolution in portrait orientation. (That's exactly what got me started on this in the first place.)
There is a substack with a chart of common video standards and aspect ratios, and a couple of useful tables (via the "Ref" button.)
No documentation, really, but the tooltips should help if anything isn't obvious.
Put it your Plugins folder, of course.

Get it here: http://buchwald.ca/lc/ResTool.livecode.zip

If you have any suggestions, additions or edits, please feel free to modify it as you see fit, or send me such ideas. I hope some of you may find it useful.

Thanks!
- Charles

--
Charles E. Buchwald