Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 25 18:14:34 EDT 2012

Ok, making this up as i go. We might as well design a system from the start that can handle all 4 android screen densities and used a couple of them as synonyms for the iOS densities. Even though the android densities are ranges I think its reasonable to treat them as absolutes as long as your layout handles that. So we now have densities of .75, 1, 1.5 and 2. With 1 and 2 being used on iOS and at the moment .75 would would only be part of the design for future proofing. Now we can include into the framework an image loader for density just like native apps use. A plugin could easily import a x2 image and pump out high quality images at each density into specific folders.

Next thing is we need a mode to use while developing to allow us to work at whatever density we require. That shouldn't be too complicated.

Anyone else what to throw out some ideas?

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services