Why killing Media was killing an investment in the future

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:06:53 EDT 2012

<snip>
>> I will use this occasion to beg for something of the order of RunRev
>> 2.0.1 for Mac, Win and Linux to be released for FREE; possibly with a
>> fair few of the capabilities removed.
>>
> Just remember that this kind of gift is not free for RunRev,
> because associated cost with supporting a free version

"supporting" . . . nonsense . . . they could release an early version
with some suitable
sort of disclaimer:

"This version of RR/LC is released as a Free community offering with no
guarantees
or support whatsoever - 'you're on your own buddy' ."

This would have no associated cost whatsoever, unless we suppose that by
releasing said version
that would negatively impinge on sales of the latest recension of Livecode.