Recreating a binary stack from xml text

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Feb 21 14:27:46 EST 2012

Hi Bob,
As mentioned in my original email, I don't consider detecting changes in
data part of this project.  It would be kinda like asking the tool to check
the contents of two snapshots of an SQL database that is somehow linked to
a stack.  That's not to say it's not important, just beyond the scope of
what I have in mind (if I ever do anything!).

There's definitely more issues that would have to be resolved, one of them
being what you mentioned - dynamically created/deleted objects.  Off the
top of my head, I'd say that the versioning would have to look at the base
version of such a stack (with no dynamic objects) and rely on changes in
the scripts that create/delete objects dynamically to detect changes in how
and when that is done.

Plus there's a bunch of other custom objects out there that would have to
be dealt with.  As an example, I'm just checking out the Data Tree product
which probably has its own set of issues to consider in terms of versioning.

Pete

--
Pete