Unusual Way

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 22 17:41:47 EST 2012

I can think of a couple causes:

1.  Some line in your code includes this:

	quit "broccoli"

2.  There is a problem with the realtime C library used to build an external or even LiveCode.  Perhaps there is a mismatch of some sort.

After some consideration, I think it is more likely the second.

Dar

On Feb 22, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:

>> From time to time I get an error report from users using my Windows standalone which displays this:
>
>    "Runtime Error! [path to the .exe] This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."
>
> It's kind of odd wording.  I guess if I saw stalks of broccoli sprouting out of the monitor that would definitely constitute an "unusual way" to close a program.  But seriously, anybody have any ideas on this?
>
> Ray Horsley
> LinkIt! Software

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and