Japanese chars in HTML result [WAS: tips on posting an url and reading the results]

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 23:22:20 EST 2012

Hello again,

First, many thanks to Mike Bonner for the google book api. Spent an
interesting 24-hours learning about it. And, as Mike said, the api
result is much easier to filter.

Except for one thing. Handling Japanese text.

The Japanese text appears fine if I use a google api url with my
Chrome browser, copy the results directly from the browser window, and
then paste from the LC IDE into a field-object.

But if I use the same url in a script like this:

   put "https://www.googleapis.com/books/ETC"  into tURL
   get url tURL
   put it into field X

then the Japanese text gets garbled, with the rest of the text fine.

Any ideas how I can get my script to work with Japanese text as nicely
as simply copy-pasting?

Thanks.
--
Nicolas Cueto