Slow write to sqlite on usb sticks

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 26 22:29:35 EDT 2012

On 27/04/2012, at 3:37 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Hi Terry,
> You can still do individual INSERTS, just need a few lines of extra
> code at
> the start and end of your code.  Here's an amended version of your
> code
> with the BEGIN/ROLLBACK/COMMIT in place.

Peter - using the BEGIN/COMMIT form seems to have sped up things
considerably. Applying individual inserts the 'old' way created a
temporary journal file for each insert - actually two, as attachments
were handled separately to the message content. Now just two journal
files are created and the total write time has been reduced from over
a minute (on some very slow USB sticks) to just a few seconds. I can
certainly live with that.

Thanks again,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne