filename path over local network

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:36:26 EDT 2012

Thanks for responding, Bob.

> If I understand you correctly, you want to connect to reference an image
> file on a server.

Yes.

> I think this is a bad idea, but if your os has the share
> mounted, just browse to the file and choose it.

I think I already tried this, ie, by browsing to the jpg file within
the LC IDE using the property inspector for the image object. No luck.
But I can use the IDE's "File > Image import" to browse and import the
jpg from the server.

Anyway, your next point seemed to have more potential, i.e.,

> It's better if you have a project folder and you either put your images in
> that or inside an images folder inside the project folder (that's the method
> I prefer).

And where would that project folder be located? on my computer? on the
server? Dumb question it seems, but...

If you mean "on my computer", that's my current setup. The problem is,
the stack's gonna be a standalone running on the 30+ computers at the
computer-lab of another school. And, rather than accessing JPGs, it's
5-40Mb MPG videos, which videos my standalone, as it currently is
setup, downloads from my webhost account to a local folder. So, I was
thinking that, rather than overload my onrev account, I could
re-configure my stack/standalone so that the videos could be retrieved
(or streamed?) from that computer-lab's server. That way, I could
package the videos into one large zipped file, and the
standalone/installer in a separate much smaller zipped file for
download.

Off to classes.
--
Nicolas Cueto